Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June Happenings

My BIL and SIL were planning to find out the sex of their baby the first week in June. I offered to host a reveal party and to my surprise, they decided to find out with the rest of us instead of just announcing it at the party. Brooke's friend wanted to make the cake, so Jay and I hosted a dessert party to celebrate. I made His and Her favorite desserts and then they cut the cake to reveal a darling pink center. I was so happy for another neice!



The first weekend of June I worked a job for one of the sweetest brides I have ever met. The wedding was held at a fantastic venue in north Opelika called the Reserve at Oak Bowery.

I took a quick pic of the program to remember some of the details. A super talented duo played the music for the prelude and ceremony. They played about 4 string instruments throughout the entire time and it was delightful.
The couple each chose a signature cocktail for the night: a Watermelon Mojito and a Peach Mint Julep- both delightful for a perfect southern wedding under the stars!


Thrown in amongst my work week were a couple of flower jobs for AU Foundation events.


I planned a party for the Local Women's Association of Realtors Tour Of Homes and created the flowers.


After 12 years of wedding planning I attend my first beach wedding- as a guest. The weather was windy and the ocean was a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony. The reception was held on the balcony of the Beach Club Restaurant and we enjoyed an evening with family.

 We stopped in one of our favorite towns on the way home- Fairhope,AL. We ate lunch at this cute place called Pinzone's. http://www.italiandowntown.com/
I hope to recreate our appetizer as seen here:
Bruschette Con Cannelloni- Perfect!

Tuesday night dinner last week was too good to not post. Our favorite meal to cook:
Grilled Lamb Chops with Balsamic Reduction, Roasted Asparagus topped with Parmesan, and Mushroom Risotto.


No comments:

Post a Comment