Thursday, May 29, 2014

Serve with a Chilled Glass of Milk

Taking the opportunity to bake for other people has long since been on the to do lists of my family members. My father makes 18 batches of cinnamon rolls to deliver on Christmas Eve every year, my mom cooks for days prior to any family gathering, we have spreadsheets for our beach trips, and of course my grandmothers were always preparing for a shower, a dinner on the grounds, a circle meeting, and a large number of other things. I find it particularly rewarding that I can continue that expression of love to those around me and to take it even further, it thrills me that someone would want to serve something I bake or create at a celebration of their own. Cookie orders are abounding and I am honored that I can help each person with their own celebration.

I started this post at the end of last summer and can't figure out how it has almost been a year since I sat down to blog. Time has flown and the projects have increased. Oddly enough, I can post pics of last summers cookies and the ones I have been doing lately and the paragraph above still applies.
I am thankful to still be making cookies that people want to serve- also thankful for the work I have been doing in the last year that has kept me away. I hope to do better in the future. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment