Friday, February 1, 2013

Food too delicious not to share...

Jay and I have enjoyed time in the kitchen at night after work. Typically you can find one of us working on a meal, the other researching "projects" from building turkey houses to craft projects or catching up on our twitter and tumblr feeds. If you were to stop by, you would be greeted with the sounds of Mumford and Sons and offered a cocktail. Its our therapy and time to enjoy each other. I took some left over crab dip and turned into a darling appetizer of crab toast points with thyme.I think they were better than the dip was. 
One night we made this pasta dish that was sort of a throw back to our college days when we often found ourselves eating at a Macaroni Grill and drawing on the table.
This was sort of our version- lighter might I add- of Penne Rustica.
 
We have some dear friends that we don't see too often. She is a fantastic cook and we hosted them for a dinner in December. She made this super decadent peanut butter and chocolate tart. It looks extra special sitting on that Elizabeth salad plate!
 
And since I was given a few fun doughnut pans for Christmas last year, I wanted to post a pic of one from a platter I made to take to work one morning. Its nice to have a lighter version of a treat that everyone loves.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment