Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Spring Ladies' Dinner 2011

This year's Ladies' Dinner at church landed on tax day. We had 12 lovely tables hosted by generous ladies from church. The overall theme for the evening was Spring is In The Air, so each hostess created her table with that them in mind.
My table was inspired from Matthew 6:26:
Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to Him than they are?
I used our wedding china pattern and for the hostess gifts, I mad birds nests out of chocolate covered pretzels sticks. The I made egg shaped cake balls coated in robin's egg blue candy coating. Hobby Lobby had lovely pewter crosses that I tied to the ribbon closing the bag. I was fortunate to share my table with three lovely ladies; Stacy, her mom Connie and one of Connie;s best friends' Jan.
The menu was fantastic! Catered by Ada Ingram and her dynamic crew. we started with a spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette, followed by a cream chicken over rice, sweet Green beans and roll. The dessert was a fantastic closer. Southern Living's recipe for a pound cake with a buttermilk glaze. You can find what I think is the recipe at: http://www.southernliving.com/food/entertaining/perfect-pound-cakes-00417000071495/
It was a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment