Friday, June 21, 2013

Graduation Flowers

I was hired to create party plans and flowers for a couple of different graduation parties. The first was held at a local restaurant and the other held at the home of one of the graduates. No matter what the theme, I find it true that little details make the big picture seem so much more cohesive. Whether it is repeating the pattern of the table runner on the dessert picks and on the food cards, to using similar flowers for the centerpieces as in the powder room- when you find a party with intentional components aimed at pleasing the guests at every turn- even those that surprise you- you will find a party that is executed as close to perfect as one can make it.Though I know I have a long way to go to find that perfection, it thrills me to think I find myself on a similar journey as my grandmothers did each time they hosted a garden club luncheon, a bridal shower, or holiday dinners with the family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment