Friday, June 21, 2013

Sweet Shop Birthday for Sweet E

Last year I had the great fortune of hosting a baby shower for my sweet friend Michele's new baby, (Baby Shower)
and I was thrilled when she asked if I would help her prepare for Baby E's First Birthday. The theme was one near to my heart- a sweet shop. My Aunt Polly created a huge appetite for me for sweets, so I figured I could help with no problem.
First I did invitations- cute cupcakes with foil paper bottoms and cute pink and purple tops with a candle coming out of the top. Then for the table, I made cute candy topiaries and balloon topiaries to flank either side of the cake. The cake was made by one of my talented friends, Britni Ingram. It was not only super cute, (the icing was the exact same celadon green as the birthday girl's dress with colored dots and large gumballs at the base) but so delicious too! For one of the favors (guests also filled treat bags with candy), I made pinwheel cookies and wrapped them like pieces of candy. The party was deliciously sweet and a success!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment