Friday, June 21, 2013

Brunch for the Bride To Be

The morning after the retirement party, I was excited to host a brunch for my sweet friend Christina to celebrate her upcoming wedding. Brunch is likely my favorite party to host, so anytime I can coerce my friends in that way, I like to chose brunch as the meal for the party. The menu was made up of some of my favorites and one new item that I was excited to share. My Grandmother's blueberry muffins, my aunt Christy's cheesy grits casserole, bacon and cheddar quiche, and fruit salad served in sugar cones with fresh whipped cream. No brunch is complete without my father's buttermilk biscuits and this time he shaped them in the perfect scalloped edge half dollar size. Along side the biscuits I served sliced ham and my mother's peach preserves.
 
 
After the gifts were opened, dessert was served. Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing and a White Cake with Raspberry Filling and Cream Cheese Icing.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It was absolutely beautiful and everything was delicious! You are a rare talent, Anna! I loved the sugar cones with fruit and fresh whipped cream - I will definitely have to steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete